Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

UK and France work on new migrant crossings plan

PARIS, France. (News of the South)-The United Kingdom and France are working on new measures to stop migrants from crossing the English Channel said Immigration Minister Chris Philip.

By Karen Mhlanga

The Immigration Minister said the French officials had agreed the crossing should be made “unviable” during the talks made in Paris.

He went on to add that the UK had been prepared to support the plan financially but it was too soon to make a commitment.

So far this year more than 4,000 people have crossed the channel on small boats.
Dan O’Mahoney who is the new Clandestine Channel Threat Commander would hold further talks in France next week.

The Ministry of Defence said on Monday it sent RAF Atlas transport to help the Border Force to spot small boats trying to cross the Channel.

The French authorities had intercepted over a thousand people this year, but the number making the journey was just “completely unacceptable”.

The government plans to replace the Dublin regulation which allows EU states to transfer asylum seekers to other countries in the bloc to have their applications processed.

Mr Philip said the law contained a “number of constraints” which made transferring asylum seekers “a little bit harder than we would like.

One British citizen said:“We want these migrants returned and off the benefit system. They have no reason to be in the UK, they could have gone anywhere, they targeted the UK and don’t care how them coming in their thousand affects all the small islands of the UK.”

“Selfish migrants mostly all of them are able men aged 20-50 who are out for themselves,” he went on to say.

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share
0

Comments

comments

About Author

Like Us On Facebook

SUBSCRIBE: YouTube Channel

Ad

Recent Comments