Mberengwa,Zimbabwe.- Our preliminary study of Mberengwa North voters’ roll revealed a sorry state that will seriously compromise the forthcoming elections. Some of the unravelled issues are as follows:
1. People who died before the Bvr exercise are on the voters’ roll particularly from ward 11. When Zec officials were informed of this quagmire today at Mberengwa administrative centre they could not provide any explanation except that the councillor for ward 11 must bring back ward 11 voters’ roll for their perusal.
2. Some people are doubly registered in the same ward at different stations or in neighbouring wards
3. Duplication of identity numbers with different names.
4. Some wards’ voters’ roll have not been forthcoming as the ones initially available could not be opened with the provided password. These wards include ward 2, ward 16 and ward 35.
5. Some names of people in Mberengwa North voters’ roll appear under Zvishavane Ngezi voters’ roll. Further checks would be made after acquiring ward 2 voters’ roll.
While our study of Mberengwa North voters’ roll is still on going, the revelations so far call for an independent analysis of the Bvr exercise before the election day. Without this the elections would neither be free, fair, transparent and credible. It baffles logic how people who died before the Bvr exercise suddenly rose to be on the voters’ roll.
By Dr Takavafira Zhou.
By Lloyd Msipa. (News of The South) – ..
Harare, Zimbabwe (News of the South)-Incumbent ..
By Lazarus Nyagumbo. Why are you not benefiting ..
Zimbabweans In The UK Call For Zimborush To Halt Deportations To Zimbabwe, Demo At London Parliament
Press release. The Zimbabwe Diaspora Network ..