Zimbabweans across the globe have reacted differently to the new cabinet announcement made in Thursday.
1. The announcement closes the debate on whether or not ED will create a multiparty government. As I said it from day one, it doesn’t make sense for anyone with 70% of Parliament and 100% military backing to form a multiparty government. This also means that Chinamasa was right and Mutsvangwa was wrong.
2. ED is allowed by law to appoint 5 people from outside Parliament to become Ministers. So far there are 8 namely July Moyo, Prof Amon Murwira, Perence Shiri, Sibusiso Moyo, Chris Mutsvangwa, Lazarus Dokora, Prof Clever Nyathi and Victor Matemadanda. All male. All old. ED has 90 days to find a seat in Parliament for at least 3 of these. Otherwise he must do another reshuffle or face court challenges for violation of the constitution.
3) The argument on whether or not ED supports a small government has also been resolved. A 22 Member Cabinet is not by any chance small. Retaining Chris Mushowe as Minister of Scholarships comes as icing on the cake.
4) The inclusion of such people as Lazarus Dokora also resolves the argument of whether or not ED wants people who deliver around him.
5) The debate on whether ED is supportive of affirmative action or not has also been resolved. 3/22 Ministers in the ED Cabinet are Women. 0/22 are youths.
6) With ED as President while his wife is Chirumanzi MP and now Chris Mutsvangwa as Information Minister while his wife is Minister of State for Manicaland Province, the days of dynasties are far from over.
By Almot Maqolo. HARARE, Zimbabwe (News of ..
By Beaven Dhliwayo. Harare, Zimbabwe. (News ..
By Prince Akpah. (News of The South)- The ..
Harare, Zimbabwe. -The Passenger Association ..